1 yellow cake, baked in a 9x13 dish
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1/4 cup brandy
2 cups whipping cream, whipped with sugar & vanilla extract added
1/4 cup brandy
2 cups whipping cream, whipped with sugar & vanilla extract added
1 large pkg Instant Vanilla pudding, prepared
1 28oz can sliced peaches, drained
In a large trifle bowl or oval dish, start with a layer of cake. Using a brush, spread some brandy over the cake. Spread a layer of jam followed by a layer of peaches & then pudding. Repeat & then top with whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 28oz can sliced peaches, drained
In a large trifle bowl or oval dish, start with a layer of cake. Using a brush, spread some brandy over the cake. Spread a layer of jam followed by a layer of peaches & then pudding. Repeat & then top with whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
My Thoughts:
I like my cake layers a little thinner then how it comes out baked so I slice a little off & use the scraps to fill in some gaps if needed. I don't measure the jam but it comes out to half of a 16oz jar. You don't have to be perfect with the jam since it doesn't spread so easily.
For the whipping cream, I use an electric mixer to beat the cream until peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. FOLD in 1 tsp of vanilla & a bit of sugar for your preferred sweetness. As for the peaches, I slice them once more since they're still too thick for my liking. But that's personal preference.
Depending on the dish you use for this you may have leftover cake, pudding & cream. Although this is called a trifle dessert I almost prefer making it in a regular dish, more shallow than a trifle dish. As you can see from the pic, the view isn't all that perfect since I didn't get the jam all the way to the ends. No matter what you do or how you do it, the combined flavors make for a scrumptious dessert!