Friday, February 20, 2009

Curry Shrimp & Vegetables

½ lb. shrimp (peeled & de-veined)
2 tblsp vegetable oil
½ tblsp soy sauce 
1 tblsp cornstarch
2 cups broccoli
2 cups onion
2 cups mushrooms
5 tblsp water
1 tblsp curry powder
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch

Blend 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, soy sauce & cornstarch with shrimp. In small mixing bowl combine water, curry powder, salt, sugar & cornstarch. Set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Briefly stir-fry broccoli, onion, mushrooms until tender. Add an additional 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan if necessary. Move the veggies to the side of pan & add shrimp. Stir-fry for just a few minutes until pink. Add curry sauce mixture to the pan & blend well until heated thoroughly. Serve over white rice.

{My Thoughts}

I added red bell pepper & whatever veggies I had leftover in the fridge. Use whatever veggies you like. You could use chicken instead of the shrimp. I also added a little fish sauce & red curry paste to the sauce just to use it up but this is not necessary.