Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge

3 tblsp butter
1 ½ cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup peanut butter
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Bring butter, sugar, milk & salt to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Stir in peanut butter, marshmallows & vanilla. Stir vigorously for about 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Stir in chocolate chips until fudge appears somewhat marbled. Pour into a lightly greased 8 x 8 pan. Chill until firm. Cut into squares.

{Food for Thought}

Even though I am not a huge chocolate lover & this fudge has more of a peanut butter than chocolate taste, I do recommend adding more chocolate. Maybe even double it. I plan to next time & see where it takes me.