8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups blueberries & raspberries
10 eggs
1 ½ cups half & half
1/3 cup maple syrup
½ cup melted butter
Cinnamon
Cut the bread into cubes. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, Place half the bread cubes in the dish. Cut the cream cheese into small pieces & scatter across the bread. Sprinkle the fruit over the cream cheese.
Cover the fruit with the remaining bread cubes. Combine the eggs, half & half, syrup & melted butter in a bowl & mix well. Pour over the bread cubes. Chill, covered for 8-10 hours. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Preheat oven to 350 & bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes.
Serve with extra syrup.
{My Thoughts}
The original recipe calls for just 1 cup of fruit either or. I like both berries so I used both & increased by ½ cup. It turned out well so I wouldn’t change a thing. You’ll also want to serve this with extra syrup just like regular French toast.