8 oz whole grain rotini or penne pasta
1 tblsp olive oil
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
20 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
1-2 tblsp Classico Sundried Tomato Pesto
1 heaping tblsp kalamata olives, chopped
1 heaping tblsp crumbled feta cheese with basil & tomato
1/3 cup pasta water
Parmesan cheese
Basil, optional
Cook pasta according to directions. Make sure to reserve about 1/3 cup pasta water. Meanwhile heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion & garlic & cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp. Cook & stir for about 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato pesto, olives, crumbled feta cheese & reserved pasta water. Stir until a sauce develops & cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Garnish with parmesan cheese & basil.
{Food for Thought}
The above measurements are for about 2 large servings. I was making it just for myself so I had leftovers for lunch after having more than I should the 1st time around. So, use your judgment. I loved the rotini more than the penne because it captured the sauce better, especially since there is not an abundance of it to begin with.
1 tblsp olive oil
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
20 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
1-2 tblsp Classico Sundried Tomato Pesto
1 heaping tblsp kalamata olives, chopped
1 heaping tblsp crumbled feta cheese with basil & tomato
1/3 cup pasta water
Parmesan cheese
Basil, optional
Cook pasta according to directions. Make sure to reserve about 1/3 cup pasta water. Meanwhile heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion & garlic & cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp. Cook & stir for about 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato pesto, olives, crumbled feta cheese & reserved pasta water. Stir until a sauce develops & cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Garnish with parmesan cheese & basil.
{Food for Thought}
The above measurements are for about 2 large servings. I was making it just for myself so I had leftovers for lunch after having more than I should the 1st time around. So, use your judgment. I loved the rotini more than the penne because it captured the sauce better, especially since there is not an abundance of it to begin with.