4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional -but not if you're a chocoholic)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
Add dry ingredients to mug & mix well. Add the egg & mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk & oil & mix well. Add the chocolate chips & vanilla extract & mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 2 ½ minutes. The cake may rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little & tip out onto a plate if desired.
{Food for Thought}
While it was not nearly as good as regular baked cake, I can see it satisfying a craving for chocolate cake without all the fuss. I also think this can be played with a lot. Maybe add a dash of kahlua or almond extract. I also wouldn't have enjoyed it without an addition like whipped cream. If you cook it too long it will be rubbery. I used an oversized rounded mug but if you use a regular straight one then it will be easy to cut into slices.
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional -but not if you're a chocoholic)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
Add dry ingredients to mug & mix well. Add the egg & mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk & oil & mix well. Add the chocolate chips & vanilla extract & mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 2 ½ minutes. The cake may rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little & tip out onto a plate if desired.
{Food for Thought}
While it was not nearly as good as regular baked cake, I can see it satisfying a craving for chocolate cake without all the fuss. I also think this can be played with a lot. Maybe add a dash of kahlua or almond extract. I also wouldn't have enjoyed it without an addition like whipped cream. If you cook it too long it will be rubbery. I used an oversized rounded mug but if you use a regular straight one then it will be easy to cut into slices.