1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/3 cup sugar ** (used agave nectar syrup)
2 tblsp white wine vinegar
1 tblsp olive oil
1 tsp poppy seeds
6 oz pkg baby spinach
1/2 large cucumber cored & sliced
1/2 red onion chopped
8 oz strawberries, trimmed & sliced thin
1/2 cup toasted almonds
Combine juice, zest, sugar, vinegar, olive oil & poppy seeds. Combine remaining ingredients. Drizzle dressing over salad.
{Food for Thought}
I have a thing about sugar. Ya see, I rely on my consumption of adult beverages to give me all the sugar I need so I am very careful about my other sources. I am also not a big sweets person. When I saw the 1/3 cup sugar I got scared & almost dropped my white wine. So, I decided to reach for the Agave Nectar that I always have on hand for Mexican Mojitos. Don't look at me that way!
Anyhoo, 1/4 cup Agave can be substituted for 1 cup of sugar. Use your judgement or just use the sugar. I put in about 1/6 cup of sugar & a couple of squirts of Agave. Next time I may try all Agave.
As for the almonds, you can use slivered or sliced or whole. I wasn't sure what my Crafty Queen of Repurposing used so I bought sliced almonds & put them in a pan over medium heat & tossed them frequently until golden.