Friday, August 7, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1 lb fresh pizza dough
¼ cup flour
2 tblsp olive oil
1 1/3 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
¾ cup Buffalo hot wing sauce plus 4 tblsp
¾ cups Chunky blue cheese dressing
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese

As the package says, let pizza dough rest for about an hour at room temp. Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle flour over work surface. Roll dough into a large circle to fit your pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush top lightly with olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes until slightly golden.

Meanwhile, combine chicken & wing sauce. Spread remaining wing sauce evenly over crust. Cover with half of the mozzarella cheese then top with the chicken mixture. Spoon or drizzle small amounts of the blue cheese dressing over the top of pizza. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese melts & crust is crisp.


{Food for Thought}

This recipe came from Publix & was intended for 2 pizzas, each being an 8x10 oval with different toppings. Instead, I wanted one big Buffalo Chicken pizza so I almost doubled the ingredients above & used the entire 1lb dough for the one pie. So, feel free to use a little more or less than what is listed, depending on your own preference. The recipe also called for grilling the crust first for about 4-5 minutes. I didn’t want to deal with that so I pre-baked the dough in the oven for just 10 minutes.

I haven't made much pizza in the past & have just gotten on a roll so if you make pizza differently where you don't pre-bake the crust then that's great. I just did it because it seems the crust doesn't get crispy enough for me & then while it's cooking I can prep the other ingredients.