Friday, August 7, 2009

SPINACH & CHICKEN SAUSAGE PIZZA

1 tblsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
6oz spinach
1 lb fresh pizza dough
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained well
2 fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced thin
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese.

Saute onion in pan for a few minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add spinach & cook until wilted. Set aside. Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 400 & bake pizza crust until slightly golden, about 10 minutes.

Sprinkle tomatoes over crust. Top with spinach mixture. Add chicken sausage & then shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese melts & crust is crisp.

{Food for Thought}

I made this for my parents this week for dinner so just to make something simple a little special I bought fresh mozzarella & shredded it myself. It was delish & worth the extra cost. The chicken sausage was packaged & Italian style.

I haven't made much pizza in the past & have just gotten on a roll so if you make pizza differently where you don't pre-bake the crust then that's great. I just did it because it seems the crust doesn't get crispy enough for me & then while it's cooking I can prep the other ingredients.