Friday, March 26, 2010

Garlic & Old Bay Crab Legs

1.5 lbs Snow Crab Clusters
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 stick of Butter
Garlic Powder
Old Bay Seasoning
White wine

Prepare the crab as in this recipe by breaking the crab legs into pieces & removing joints & unnecessary parts. Since this was just for myself I didn't even bother cutting the shell on one side as I did in the last recipe. I did, however, try out the clusters this time. While a bite or two were fishy I enjoyed them. 

Heat olive oil & butter in a skillet on medium high. When butter is browned & hot, add crab leg pieces. This will make a beautiful sizzling sound. Toss the pieces around to coat in the oil butter mixture. Add a few sprinkles of garlic powder & Old Bay. Use your judgement here. Add white wine, about 1 cup. Toss lightly. Crab legs should warm through over medium heat for no more than 7 minutes. Take off heat & keep covered until ready to indulge.

{ Food for Thought }

1.4 lbs was perfect for me. If you're serving more people plan on about 2 clusters per person, especially if you have sides. You will definitely want a seafood/nut cracker as well as a mini fork to pull out the meat.