1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups hot, strong brewed coffee
Combine the half-and-half, milk, sugar & vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Right before serving, whisk for 1 minute to get it frothy. Fill each mug with 1/2 cup of hot coffee & 1/2 cup milk mixture. Serve immediately.
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups hot, strong brewed coffee
Combine the half-and-half, milk, sugar & vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Right before serving, whisk for 1 minute to get it frothy. Fill each mug with 1/2 cup of hot coffee & 1/2 cup milk mixture. Serve immediately.
My Thoughts:
I am not a huge sweets person so I did a 75% coffee & 25% milk mixture. Depending on your preference the above will make about 4 cups of coffee. Also, I had my coffee first while everyone was still sleeping so I kept the remaining mixture off the heat. When I heard my sister getting up, I put it on low heat & just before I was ready to serve it up, I whisked it again to get it frothy.